British Columbia Litigant Focused on Winning Results
For the past 30 years, Robert Doran has been successfully litigating matters related to Real Estate and Construction. The Law Firm of Robert Doran has acted as a representative for developers, purchasers and sellers of real property, commercial and residential tenants, public owners and private owners and general contractors.
The Law Firm of Robert Doran has been litigating real estate and construction related matters before the both the civil courts and arbitration bodies whether the matter is civil, labor-related or contractual.
Committed On-Time and On-Budget Support to Multi-billion Construction Industry
The construction projects are serious money projects. They involve a large pool of human resources, material suppliers, close co-ordination and good working relationships between owners/developers, contractors and sub-contractors, designers, huge amounts of investment of time and capital. Therefore, any dispute related to the design, defects or delays of the construction project can bring the whole project to a halt leading to serious economic losses.
The expertise of Robert Doran in the field of Construction Litigation expands to cover the most complex disputes related to construction law. Robert Doran with his experience in this area has garnered hands-on knowledge of the various construction related terms and getting on top of construction related documents to handle the disputes expertly.
Representing Owners (public and private), Contractors and Sub-contractors, Suppliers of Materials, Designers, Architects, Landscapers we have our hands in all aspects of Construction law related litigation. Robert Doran has acted as a sought after British Columbia litigant for various construction-related projects on shopping centers, industrial park development projects, office complexes, residential complexes, Power plants, hospitals, universities, schools and laboratories.
Our long-time experience and complete understanding of the economic issues related to such disputes enables us to try and resolve such disputes with quick haste but with satisfying results for our clients.
Construction Law Litigation Area Expertise in:
- Non-performance of agreements by contractors/sub-contractors
- Technology Supply and License Agreements
- Builders’ Liens
- Time Extensions on Construction projects
- Defective/Non-conforming construction work
- Defective implementation of the design of the construction project
- Delays in the completion of the construction of the project
- Disruption and Loss of efficiency claims
- Differing site conditions
- Engineering Negligence/Disputes
- False Claims Act violations
- Statutory Liabilities under Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Damages – actual, impact, liquidated
- Termination of the contract related to construction project
Comprehensive Real Estate Litigation Support
Real Estate is an engine that keeps the economy of a country thriving. It has international ramifications and therefore it is important to have a lawyer who draws on his in-depth knowledge of real estate law and his experience of witnessing both the boom times and the hard times to litigate your Real Estate matters.
The effort of Robert Doran in keeping himself educated about the legislative changes and developments happening in the Real Estate law, particularly, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, has made him a preferred Real Estate Attorney in British Columbia, Canada.
The areas covered by Robert Doran in the area of Real Estate Litigation covers:
- Breach of real estate agreements like breach of lease contract, breach of license
- Liability of guarantors in commercial leases
- Land Title and Land Ownership Issues
- Occupier’s Liability
- Breach of property purchase agreements
- Liability of agents or brokers
- Buy and Sell of Residential and Commercial Property
- Land development
- Mortgage and Bank Financing
- Municipal and Development Law
- Commercial Leasing and Arbitration
- Ground Leases
- Joint Ventures
- Co-Tenancy Agreements
- Condo Litigation
- Security for Loans
- Representation of Borrowers
- Use of capital markets to finance investments in real estate
- Challenging unreasonable environmental regulations, administrative law changes, municipal ordinances, COAH mediations and obligations
First Consultation is a No-Obligation/No-Fee Meeting: the first meeting with a lawyer from our firm is more about analyzing your claim, chances of success and the estimated amount of compensation. This first meeting does not impose any cost obligation on you and you are free to decide whether to move forward with the case.
Avoid economic losses in construction litigation and real estate litigation—pass on the burden to the Law Firm of Robert Doran – the Trusted Name in Real Estate and Construction Litigation in British Columbia. To know if we can act as your representative in the court or before an arbitration tribunal, contact us now.