Professionalism and compassion
For more than 35 years, litigation lawyer Robert Doran has approached each employment-related matter with professionalism and care. He understands the stress when you find yourself seeking legal remedies. Our goal is to deal with the issue effectively so that any impacts of wrongful termination or other employment related issues are minimized or made good.
The successes of Robert Doran can be credited to his passion and effort related to dealing with employment relationships and finding solutions when there is a conflict. He has proved his mettle in this field of employment law with his strategic thinking, judgment, and practical experience.
Success in employment law depends a great deal on how well-informed the lawyer is with the changes that continue to take place in this area of law. Various technical innovations are changing the entire scenario of this relation between employer and employee. Litigator Robert Doran understands the importance of staying on top of changes in legislation and keeping track of authoritative precedents. He is a trusted name in British Columbia for employment law matters.
The reputation of the law firm of Robert Doran, in taking on complex and challenging cases, has made it a valued and important contender in the field of employment law for the past 35 years.
Proactive legal solutions tailored to your needs
Employment law refers to statutory laws, rules, regulations, and case law that encompass all areas of the employer-employee relationship, whether contract disputes, payment disputes, discrimination disputes, wrongful termination claims or any claims of civil rights violations.
We assist you at every stage of your conflict, from in-house counselling and pre-litigation advice through all stages of an employment dispute to court litigation.
- contractual matters — disputes on employment agreements; non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreement disputes; severance agreements; and independent contractor disputes
- payment disputes — conflicts over wages, equal pay, hours worked, overtime, employee benefits, holiday and leave requests, medical leave and family leave
- discrimination and harassment — disputes over grounds of discrimination, including race, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, disability, pregnancy, health; and sexual harassment
- wrongful termination —whistleblower and retaliation claims, civil rights violations and human rights claims
- advice and counselling — negotiation and drafting of employment agreements; employee codes of conduct; non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements; payroll and overtime issues; and union relations
Representing various parties in the employment industry
We represent both the employer and the employee, management and labour. The following is a list of the capacities in which Robert Doran serves as a litigator to individuals involved in an employment dispute.
- Employers — Helping employers understand their rights as an employer and the duties and liabilities that they are subject to in the course of an employment relationship. The ways in which we help employers are:
- Advising on the necessary terms and clauses in an employment agreement and ensuring codes of conduct for sustained employee discipline; litigating breach of employment contract disputes, breach of restrictive covenants ( i.e. non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure); educating employers on the right termination procedures for employees, compliance with wage and hour regulations, fair employment practices, and compliance with the most current British Columbia employment law legislation
- Employees — Assisting employees in the assertion of their rights in the workplace and safeguarding them against discrimination and wrongful termination. We help employees in the following matters:
- discrimination on restricted grounds including age, gender, disability, race, et cetera; harassment in the workplace, including sexual harassment; employees’ privacy rights; and wrongful termination
- Executives — Acting as a support for executives at middle and senior levels of a company in understanding their rights under Canadian employment law, aside from the rights provided in an executive employment, severance, compensation and/or bonus agreement; advising executives on wrongful termination, law of contract, and restraint of trade covenants
- Management Labor Relations — Representing both management and the workforce in matters related to collective bargaining, union campaigns, administrative agency investigations, implementation of discipline and discharge protocols, wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment in the workplace, restrictive covenants enforceability, compensation claims and whistleblower matters
Trustworthy and responsive representation
Contact us now.
Litigation counsel Robert Doran has an excellent reputation for handling complex and challenging employment law cases and delivering results.